Quality, chemical harmlessness of the products and the fitness for use are decisive for the consumers. In the EU and many other countries, laws and prohibitions have been enacted for a number of harmful substances to respond to the increasing concern over substances that harm the environment and health. These regulations directly influence all products such as textiles, homewares, objects and materials in contact with foodstuffs and their base materials.
OMPG determines the regulations valid for the products and offers laboratory tests, advice and evaluation ensuring the compliance of the products with the regulations. As a consequence, the product quality will be improved, consumer complaints will be reduced and negative press will be avoided.
This includes, for example,
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- phthalates and other plasticizers
- heavy metals: lead, cadmium, chromium VI and mercury
- azo dyes and disperse dyes
- flame retardants
- monomers and solvents
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- wood preservatives, e.g. pentachlorophenol
- organotin compounds